We understand that getting your kids bathed and in bed is a battle of its own, so adding brushing to the list can sound intimidating. While it may not be an easy task, helping your kids establish good dental habits at a young age is important to their long-term oral health. One of the best ways to get your little ones excited about brushing is to make it less of a chore and more of a fun activity!
Creative Ways to Make Brushing Fun
- Let Your Child Pick a Fun Toothbrush: If your child has a toothbrush with their favorite color or character, it can get them excited about brushing their teeth.
- Follow the Leader: It’s important for your little ones to see you brushing your teeth. If you’re practicing good dental habits, it can rub off on them. You can make brushing a family event!
- Get a Toothpaste Flavor They’ll Enjoy: Most kids don’t like the taste of mint-flavored toothpaste. Get a kid-friendly flavor like bubblegum that’s sure to win them over.
- Give Them Ways to Participate: If they’re not old enough to brush their own teeth yet, let them participate by helping dispense the toothpaste, or letting them “brush” your teeth.
- Have Fun: Play your child’s favorite song while they brush. They’ll be so busy giggling and dancing, their teeth will be clean before they have time to fight it.
- Reward Good Brushing Behavior: What motivates your child? Whether it’s stickers, little toys, or five minutes of extra playtime, giving them an incentive can encourage them to brush.
The Importance of Kids’ Oral Hygiene
It’s essential to instill proper dental hygiene habits early on in your child’s life to ensure they develop strong, healthy teeth. We hope these tips help your child warm up to brushing their teeth, and even find it enjoyable. Routine dental care, and regular visits to the dentist, can give your child a beautiful smile that can last a lifetime!
Do you need additional help encouraging your child to have a great oral care routine?Call Us Today